Jenny believes that the client is the expert of their own life and is passionate about using her expertise to help people uncover their strengths, reconnect with their values, develop strategies and take steps forward to a more meaningful, rich and fulfilling life.
Jenny provides a therapeutic relationship with people that is respectful, collaborative, safe and confidential and draws from a range of evidence based therapeutic approaches to meet people’s needs. These include Solution Focused Therapy, Strengths Based Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness approaches, Person Centred Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Family Systems Therapy and will use Play and Creative Therapies where appropriate.
People come to therapy for a range of reasons and every intervention is unique. They may be:
- Feeling life is a struggle, stuck and wanting to find a way forward
- Searching for a more meaningful and fulfilling life
- Wanting to find a way out of their pain, suffering or depression
Counselling and Psychotherapy takes a holistic view, taking into account your mind, body, emotions, behaviours, relationships, family dynamics and spirituality.
Jenny works together with people to explore areas such as:
- Living more mindfully
- Handling stress and conflict in a healthier manner
- Dealing with different family situations and changes
- Resolving relationship dynamics
- Being a carer for a person with a disability, mental health issue or chronic illness
- Exploring and developing parenting skills
- Anxiety and depression
- Self esteem issues
- Exploring identity, sexuality and spirituality
- Going through a crisis
- Grief and loss
- Easing the pain of bereavement
- Living with physical pain or chronic illness
- Discovering ones hopes and dreams and taking action
“Whatever you can do or dream you can begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.”
“Undoubtedly, we become what we envisage.”
- Claude M. Bristol